Wednesday, February 15, 2012

EKC 02/2012: A Summer Rain (With a Mustache)

After the completion of last month's Electric Keychain painting, I went straight into the next with "A Summer Rain (With a Mustache)". This painting was to reflect the month's theme: "Objects turned into living things... with mustaches!"

You know, the strange thing with this project was that last month, I thought that I was having trouble with the theme of "Just Causes". Editorial work never was my strongest point, so last month's painting took more effort on my part to come up with a plausible concept. Once I heard the news about the mustache theme for the new painting, I instantly thought it'd be worlds easier than last month come up with an idea for this... Turns out that it was the complete opposite. I'm not much into mustachio'd humor or stately gentleman characters with top hats and monocles, so it was super hard for me to think of something that wouldn't be generic. I eventually came up with the idea of giving a rain storm a mustache and ended up with more of a spiritual thing than a living thing. Oh well:
  



And here's the finished one; part of me wants to go back and continue touching it up, if only because this painting was to be completed in around five days and its been crazy working round the clock then coming home to paint! I'm happy with this one though, I seem to have a thing for those space-men:


Head over to the Electric Keychain site to see all of this month's work: http://www.electrickeychain.com/#2691682/06-Mustachioed-Machina

And if you want, support the group on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/electrickeychain

No comments:

Post a Comment